- Date Of Borthday January 9, 1941
- Nationality American
- Famous Singer
- Age 79 Years, 79 Year Old Females
- Sun Sign Capricorn
- Also Known Joan Baez
- Born CountryStaten Island, New York, U.S.
- Born InJanuary 9, 1941 (age 79) Staten Island, New York, U.S.
- Famous As Singer songwrite musician activist
- Height 5'5" (165 cm), 5'5" Females
- Father Name Albert Vinicio Baez
- Mother Name Joan Bridge Baez
- Siblings Mimi Farina, Pauline Baez
- Children Gabriel Earl Harris
- City Staten Island, New York
- Education Palo Alto High School, Palo Alto, Boston University
- AwardsShe received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007 for making creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of recording during her lifetime. The Amnesty International inaugurated the Joan Baez Award for Outstanding Inspirational Service in the Global Fight for Human Rights in 2011 and presented her the first award in recognition of her human rights work.
- Spouse David Harris
- U S State New Yorkers
CHILDHOOD AND EARLY LIFE
Singer-composer-lyricist and social activist Joan Chandos Baez, well known for rendering modern-day people tune which frequently consists of the theme of protest and social justice, became born on January nine, 1941, in Staten Island, New York, United States of America. She belonged to a Mexican-Scottish ancestry, her father, Albert Baez being born in Puebla, Mexico and her mother, Joan Baez being born in Edinburgh, Scotland. Joan Chandos’ father immigrated to the us alongside with his circle of relatives while he become handiest years antique. She was introduced up in Brooklyn, New York.
She turned into the second child many of the 3 daughters of Albert and Joan Baez own family. Her mother changed into often referred to as Joan Senior or Big Joan. From her early childhood days, Joan needed to go through racial discrimination which often blanketed abusive slurs hurled in opposition to her in particular because of her Mexican foundation and the inheritance of her father’s dark complexion. However, the onslaught of such racism did now not deter her from pursuing her in-born musical skills. She also were given herself involved with many social reasons, combating for an expansion of social, political and financial problems at some stage in her early teenager itself.
Joan earned her excessive school graduation from Palo Alto High School in 1958. She frequented many American and foreign cities of France, Canada, England, Spain, Switzerland and also the Middle East due to her father’s studies, teaching position, work in fitness care zone and his association with UNESCO throughout her developing years. She needed to spend a 12 months in war-ravaged Iraq whilst she was only ten years vintage. She witnessed the horribly poor situation of the not unusual humans of that u . S . A . And the utter violation of human rights winning at that time in Iraq. Her involvement in social activism later in her profession become stimulated via most of these racial discriminations she suffered at some stage in her adolescence and the suffering of people she witnessed whilst staying in distinctive countries, in particular Iraq.
In 1958, her family moved to Massachusetts, whilst her father usual a school function at MIT. There she got herself enrolled on the Theatre School of the Boston University. She did not locate her revel in at the University congenial and deserted her route simplest after analyzing for 6 weeks there. However, Boston and Cambridge at that time had been fast becoming the middle of the people track culture and Joan commenced to sing in distinctive venues in and around the town of Boston and close by Cambridge.
Fact CheckWe Aim for accuracy and legitimacy. If you see on any page and post something wrong that doesn't look right please feel free to, contact us!
Citation InformationArticle Title:
Joan Chandos Baez Biography – life Story, Career, Awards, Age, HeightAuthor: Website Name:
The simrankaurjaipur.com websiteURL: Access Date:
Friday June 18, 2021 15:06:15Last Updated:
June 4, 2020Original Published Date:
Friday August 30, 2019